I am in “planning mode” for 2024, for my own self-care and self-improvement. I found an interesting “challenge:” that is, read 52 books in a year, with weekly themes that help you dictate what you read — getting you out of your normal genre and comfort zone! Here is how the website describes the challenge:
What is the challenge?
The 52 Book Club’s annual reading challenge is made up of 52 unique prompts. The goal is to match one book to each prompt, for a total of fifty-two books over the course of the year. Prompts are related to everything from specific titles, to cover designs, authors, genres, settings, themes, characters, etc. (Think of it like a giant bookish scavenger hunt!) We encourage participants to try books outside of their regular reading comfort zones and push themselves to read more, read differently, and get creative with it!
Here is the list of challenges:
Intrigued? Here is how you participate:
How does it work?
- Follow The 52 Book Club on social media. You can find us on Facebook, Goodreads or Storygraph, and Instagram.
- Using the list below, match one book to each of the 52 prompts.(52 books total.) Get as creative as you like with interpreting the prompts!
- When January 1, 2024 rolls around, start reading!
- Once you’ve finished one of the prompts, check it off the list and share your read! The Facebook group is our most popular spot for posting your recent 52 Book Club reads. When sharing on other social media sites like Instagram or X (formerly Twitter), don’t forget to use the hashtag #the52bookclub2024 and#the52bookclub. This helps us find everyone!
- How often you share is up to you! You can share after every read, share all of your reads at the end of the month, or even just at the end of the year! Some participants chose to track their reads privately and simply follow along in the groups to find amazing recommendations. How you decide to participate is up to you. We’re just glad you’re here!
I plan on taking it a step further and posting an Amazon review for each book I read, also helping authors gain more readers! I will post each book I read on this blog!
Love and light and reading! <3