Welcome to October, my fellow Survivors (well, it’s EARLY in October at least!)! This is our month! Our month to celebrate survivors and advocates! Our month to raise our voices to tell our story of survival! Our month to write to state and federal legislators to step up on laws protecting victims from domestic abuse — instead of the perpetrators…
Here’s a few suggested ways to celebrate, but it’s not an all inclusive list!
- Send a survivor you know and love and/or DV advocate a card or a small something, in appreciation
- Make small purple ribbon pins and hand them out!
- Share positive messages for #DVAwareness on social media!
- Place flowers on the grave of someone who lost their life to DV or send a “thinking of you card” to their family!
- Call the local DV shelter and see what supplies are needed and donate — or better yet, volunteer!!!
- Lookup the DV laws for your state. If you don’t like something, start writing to your state legislators letting them know. It’s voting season, so they’ll definitely pay attention!
- Share your story! Write it or state it verbally! Share it [safely] so others can know they’re not alone! It can be anonymous for safety and security, of course!
- Sign petitions against domestic violence or for better laws.
- When painting your fingernails, make the ring fingers purple!
- Dress in purple to show your support and solidarity!
- SO MANY MORE THINGS! I’d love to hear your ideas!
Together, we can make our voices heard and our presence known!
Love and purple light!
I continue to use my voice and my platform to help shine a light on DV I am also a advocate to help all of the other survivors and so much more etc
I love all of the wonderful work you are doing to help survivors
You are truly amazing and so remarkable