There is a “strawberry moon” to be out tonight. It’s a full moon, folks, so stay inside and stay away from craziness!
The moon is a very powerful force in nature. It regulates the oceans’ tides. Babies are more likely to be born under a full moon. Women’s menstral cycles are lunar, meaning they follow the twenty eight days of the phases of the moon and a woman is more likely to start her cycle on a full moon or a new moon.
Peoples’ moods can be at their peak during a full moon. Nurses, doctors, and law enforcement officers will tell you that they have the most frequency and intensity of calls during their shifts that fall under a full moon. Being in social services, I know that to be true!
Also, remember the Cycle of Abuse Wheel diagram? The peak of that wheel, which is Stage 2: Incidence of Violence, can also present during a full moon. Be careful and be vigilant. Subsequently, the Stage 4: Calm can be during. a new moon. When you start paying attention, it’s eerie how nature can intervene a bit. It can also be compared to a storm, but it IS ironic how much the phases of the moon coincide with domestic violence.
To keep you abreast of the full moons for the rest of 2023, here is the schedule (times are in EST):
- Jan. 6 at 6:08 p.m. — “wolf moon”
- Feb. 5 at 1:28 p.m. — “snow moon”
- March 7 at 7:40 a.m. — “worm moon”
- April 6 at 12:34 a.m. — “pink moon”
- May 5 at 1:34 p.m. — “flower moon”
- June 3 at 11:41 p.m. — “strawberry moon”
- July 3 at 7:38 a.m. — “buck moon” / “supermoon”
- Aug. 1 at 2:31 p.m. — “sturgeon moon” / “supermoon”
- Aug. 30 at 9:36 p.m. — “blue moon” / “supermoon”
- Sept. 29 at 5:58 a.m. — “harvest moon” / “supermoon”
- Oct. 28 at 4:24 p.m. — “hunter’s moon”
- Nov. 27 at 4:16 a.m. — “beaver moon”
- Dec. 26 at 7:33 p.m. — “cold moon”
Here, also, are the phases of the moon, which can affect mood and any present mental issues:
I just wanted everyone to be aware of the correlation of the moon and abuse/high tension on an abusive relationship. Does that mean you will only get asaulted on full moons only. No, but being aware can help a person prepare more. It can help you care for someone with a mental illness as well, or an elderly/infirmed relative. Just be mindful, is all I’m saying. The moon can be a very powerful force of nature!